Self-publish Date: August 21, 2022
Are you an aspiring product marketer or product marketing leader?
This book is dedicated to:
Product Marketers around the world
To my PMM mentees, teams and leaders
Imagine a world where we as product marketers are cheering each team and bringing the best in each of us. Our true self-worth as product marketing is yet to be unveiled, as the linchpin across product, sales and marketing.
When I ventured into product marketing 10 years ago, I found my passion across creativity and technology come to life. An engineer’s mind meets a creative heart and I knew this is right where I need to be.
Everyone comes into product marketing from different roles and that is the pure beauty of the PMM discipline. We bring diverse perspectives and challenge the status quo.
This intersection of Product and Marketing comes with its own struggles in educating teams across the organization to show our value and bring cross-functional alignment across product, sales and marketing.
Join me on a journey through the world of Product Marketing as we navigate the good, the bad and the ugly.
If you are wondering why should I read this book: (or why did I write this book)
- As a PMM and product marketing leader, I have the privilege to see the PMM function evolve.
- As a top 100 product marketing influencer, I am blessed to brainstorm with PMM mentees and leaders.
- There are many books on Product and Marketing, but very few become a guiding light. I have read books on product, marketing, sales, leadership, habits, mindfulness and found my true north amidst them all.
In the past 10 years, I've learned a lot about the art and science of Product Marketing – from messaging and positioning, buyer persona, product launch to market intelligence, but the most important lesson is discipline and empathy.
- It's the art of the craft. We keep refining our skills and put it to practice every day.
- Having empathy for our customer, our team, and our stakeholders is the essence of Product Marketing.
-- Book Preview --
PART I: Inspire
Chapter 1: What’s your Story?
Chapter 2: Values and Beliefs
Chapter 3: The Essence of Product Marketing
PART II: Influence
Chapter 4: Shared OKRs – One Team
Chapter 5: Unified Narrative
Chapter 6: Belonging
PART III: Impact
Chapter 7: Winning Together
Chapter 8: Stakeholder Alignment
Chapter 9: Evolution of Product Marketing
About the BookBlog
Follow Div Manickam
- Substack: https://divmanickam.substack.com/s/product-marketing
- GoodReads: www.goodreads.com/divmanickam
Top 100 product marketing books | Product Marketing Alliance
10) Product Marketing: Mastering the art and science of PMM – Div Manickam
eBook - Product Marketing: Mastering the art and science of PMM